Tuesday, May 30, 2017

A New Service from AEP

This weekend we had the pleasure of helping our friends at A Budding Tree with some setup for a wedding.  We loved helping and LOVE weddings but this was our first experience with a wedding WITHOUT a planner and I was in SHOCK!  
This wedding had a few issues in the very few hours I was there (all would have been solved by having a planner)
  • Layout was never completed so no ideas on how room was setup or where DJ should be placed in terms of the entrance and then also with the lighting he was providing
  • DJ had no playlist OR timeline
  • No one was in charge of setting up menu cards or favors
  • Venue said there was no cake on their sheet BUT bride had provided cake topper and cutting utensils 
  • Guest book was there but there were no pens available for signing (and they were going to need to be specialty pens based on the guest book.


The venue coordinator CALLED the Bride directly with these issues. (a HUGE no-no as far as I am concerned as a planner, we NEVER bother the bride on her day) 

These issues were apparent to me in the very FEW hours that I was there setting up and this was even before the wedding started!!  Who knows how it went once the evening started.  

I left the wedding (after attempting to fix a few of these issues since I was there and able) dismayed at how someone's wedding day could end up going so terribly and wondering HOW could I help?  How can I help the bride who doesn't have the budget (or interest) in hiring a full planner for her wedding.  I have to be able to stop this from happening so that EVERY bride can have an easy time with their wedding.

I met with the Manager of AEP and we discussed what could be done to save the planner-less bride.  What was created from this meeting was our very new service!

Wedding Planning Express- $250 
This service will provide a 2- hour meeting with all of the people involved in your wedding plans (mom, bridesmaid, friends).  We will review the full details of your wedding as well as provide you with a rough timeline to determine how your day should look and a check list of items that you will want to check and review before the big day.  This service will allow for you to take all of the information and manage the details and expectations ALL without a planner.

While, my plan isn't to have a bunch of brides NOT hiring a wedding planner, I couldn't help but think there needed to be something for all of the brides who just don't have the budget for full services.  My preference is that you do have a planner to manage your day, so that family and friends aren't working but I know that some brides won't/can't or don't want to hire a planner.  

My hope is that this service will save all of those weddings (like the one I mentioned above) and all of those brides from the chaos and mess of mistakes, oversights and missing items.  

If this sounds like something you'd like, please email us today!  

www.alleventsplanned.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment