Saturday, December 10, 2016

Where Are They Now? - Chris & Maria Roberts


All Events Planned had the pleasure of being with Chris and Maria Roberts on their beautiful wedding day at the Hillbrook Country Club on October 19th, 2013.  Nearly three years later we are so happy to have had the opportunity to catch up with them and see how things are going.  And, WOW - How things have changed.  Check out our interview from Chris and Maria Roberts!


Q: What was your favorite or most memorable parts about the day? 

A: As the bride, one of the most memorable parts of the day was the first look with my dad and brother. The look on their faces when they saw me in my dress was a moment I will never forget. My mom did not know we were doing a first look so when she realized why my dad and brother were crying, she started crying (and laughing) too. It was a joyful moment. 

Also, since I did not do a first look with my husband, I was sure to pay attention when he saw me coming down the aisle during our ceremony! It was the most emotional I had ever seen him. It was also the moment I finally relaxed. The wedding day is quite nerve wracking, and seeing your love at the end of the aisle makes you remember what it's all about. 

We both really loved the end of the night as well. Everyone who stayed until the end all huddled together on the dance floor singing and dancing to one last song. Jumping, laughing, dancing and being merry. It was an overwhelming feeling of happiness and relief that it all went so well!


Q: How did you feel the day after your wedding?


A: Dehydrated! Even though drinks and food were offered to me, I really didn't consume enough water on my wedding day. It happens. But I was still so happy that I just pulled myself together, ate a big meal and we got ready to head on our road trip "mini moon" to the smoky mountains :)


Q: What was your first dance song and why did you choose it?


A: "Rhythm of Love" by the Plain White T's.  This kind of became "our song" after going to see Plain White T's at a concert that turned out to be some sort of adult prom...it was bizarre since everyone was in ball gowns and suits, and we were in jeans. We just laughed and played along. One of our best dating memories.


Q: What was the most fun/most stressful part of planning then?  Looking back now, would you have the same answer?

A: The most stressful part was finding the right venue. The problem was that I doubted my initial instinct and kept looking after we found it. There were just too many choices in front of me, and I felt like I had to make a decision immediately before the dates were all booked! 

The fun part was the food tasting! We brought my parents to our reception venue and so they were able to offer input and made me feel better about food choices. It was a relaxing and delicious way to spend a day of wedding planning :) Looking back, there were high and low moments for everything, but we always went with our instincts in the end so everything worked out just perfectly. 
  

Q: Have you moved since the wedding day?

A: Three months after our wedding, I moved to Hong Kong where my husband had been working for a year! We have been here ever since.


Q: What is the most exciting thing that’s happened since you’ve gotten married?


A: Besides moving to Hong Kong, we have a fur baby now :) The cutest pug in the world. I now wish he was around for our wedding, he would have made an excellent ring bearer!


Q: Have you traveled anywhere fun as Mr. & Mrs.?


A: Living in Hong Kong makes it so easy to travel around Asia! We have been to Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Korea, Macau, Taiwan, as well as a few other cities in China. We also just went to Munich for Oktoberfest (with a long layover in Istanbul)! Hoping to tick a few more countries off our bucket list before we move. We definitely caught the travel bug ;)



Q: What’s the most commonly asked question friends and family ask you after being married?


A: When are you moving back to the states and having a baby? Where will you move next? Is it difficult living in Hong Kong? You know, the usual questions =P


Q: What advice do you have for newlywed couples?


A: Relax! This is the time to have fun, and just be with each other. Don't let anyone pressure you into the "norm" of a married life (house, kids, etc). You just got married. You literally have your whole lives to figure it all out. Enjoy the ride and break away from the pack. We have SO enjoyed taking the road less traveled. 


Below are some pictures mostly from Chris and Maria's travels with a family pic thrown in. They added Oliver to the family just a month after moving to Hong Kong, when he was just two months old.  Isn't he cute!? 





Thank you so much for sharing, Chris and Maria! 

We wish you the best, and cant wait to catch up with you in another three years!



No comments:

Post a Comment