Monday, February 13, 2017

Where are they Now? - Beth and Bobby!


We had the honor of being a part of Beth and Bobby’s wedding almost 7 ½ Years ago, in September of 2009! We are so Happy that we got to take the time to interview Beth and Bobby and see where they are now. This Blog is a must read; you are going to love hearing about their first dance song, wedding advise and all the amazing places they have traveled!

Questions about the Wedding: 


Flowers By: Neil Lesson
Q: What was one of the things that you disagreed about the most about the wedding or during the planning? When you look back now and think it was silly?
A: I pretty much did all the planning. He didn't really have much input and trusted my judgement, so we really did not disagree about anything.

Q: How did you feel the day after your wedding?
A: I remember thinking…I cannot believe it was over?!? I spent a year of my life planning this one day and It went so fast.

Q: How did you feel the day of your wedding? Example, calm, overwhelmed, emotional, like a natural host?
A: Super Calm. My bridesmaids kept asking me if I was ok as I am generally not a 'calm' person. We were on time, actually ahead of schedule, for everything. We had plenty of time for pictures and just hanging out. I really thought I would be running around like crazy the day of, but it was the exact opposite.

Q: What was your first dance song and why did you choose it?
A: We did the Cha-Cha to Lady Gaga's- Just Dance…which included a standing back flip by my husband. We picked it because quite frankly, who wants to watch 2 people slow dance to some sappy song that is only special to the two dancing??

Q: What do you wish you would have spent more time/money on or less time/money on when planning the wedding?
A: Looking back I wish we would have spent less time and money on everything. A more intimate affair with about 50 of our closest family and friends vs. 300 acquaintances and random family that we have not seen in 5+ years would have been way better all around.

Q:
What is the one thing you wish you would have done differently?
A: Downsized everything, especially the guest list.

All Wedding Photos for Beth and Bobby By: Spencer Photography
Q: What did guests comment about most after the wedding was over?
A: The candy bar, the flowers (Thanks Neil Leeson) and the DJ's (Thanks Marino Brothers). I must admit, I loved all 3 as well. I have yet to attend another wedding that rivaled my flowers, candy bar and DJ's.

Q: Did you have a wedding cake? If so, were you nice about feeding each other, or did one of you smash it in the others face? (uh-oh!)
A: We did have a cake, a beautiful one actually. My husband was on his best behavior but I attempted to smear it on him. I wasn't very successful.

Q: What advice do you have for brides planning their wedding?
A: Just breathe. Everything is going to be ok. The things that are not ok, you probably won't even know about :)

Questions About Now: 


Q: How did you celebrate your first anniversary?
A: While honeymooning in Bora-Bora, we met another couple from Dallas, TX that was also celebrating their honeymoon. We hit it off and decided to make sure we stayed connected. For our first anniversary, we all decided to celebrate together on the Amalfi Coast in Italy for 2 weeks. We have celebrated our anniversaries together ever since. We have been to Italy, Ireland, Costa Rica, St Lucia, and Aruba to name a few. We also get together multiple times each year to just catch up.

Q: Does married life feel different to you?
Cake By: The West Side Bakery
A: Not really, it is still pretty comfortable in terms of a relationship and we are still really busy with our careers.

Q: Most exciting thing that’s happened since you’ve gotten married?
A: We have had a lot of exciting things happen, but it just seems like everyday life to us. My husband was featured in Forbes Magazine and I won CFO of the Year from Crain's Magazine.

Q: Have you moved since the wedding day?
A: Not yet, but we are in the process of building a new house. We should finish and move by October 2017.

Q: How have your careers or family changed?
A: We now work together, something we vowed never to do.

Q: Have you traveled anywhere fun as Mr. & Mrs.?
A: We are so fortunate and travel a lot. We have been to Portugal, Bora Bora, Moorea, Italy three times, Nice, Cannes, Monaco, Aruba twice, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, a Silver Seas Cruise (the best vacation ever), Prague, St. Lucia, Los Cabos and many more. Did I mention we are super blessed to be able to travel?

Q: What have you learned about weddings or planning that you didn’t know before going into it?
A: That everyone considers themselves experts, from cousins, to random friends, to strangers. I finally had to tune out other people's opinions as they were driving me crazy and causing me to second guess what I knew I really wanted.

Q: What advice do you have for newlywed couples?
A: Where do we start…although we are so happy together and our wedding was fabulous, we wish we would have done something on a much smaller scale. I was so obsessed with every little detail. Today, I couldn't tell you a single thing that I worried so much about!

If you are going to hire a planner, even if it is just for Day Of Coordination, bring them in sooner rather than later. Things that I spent days pondering, Brandi had solved in 2 minutes. Planners know this industry. They live it, breath it and die for it. There is an extremely high chance that they have encountered whatever it is you are struggling with or stuck on. If you are like me and have Type A-OCD when it comes to wedding planning, it will save you so much time and effort to have her, especially sooner rather than later..


Beth and Bobby!




No comments:

Post a Comment