Saturday, July 4, 2009

The first week of Business

So, I've got the company up and running. Got the site going but it is absolutely a constant work in progress. I always find things that could be better, and the we change them and find something else. It is definitely an issue of knowing that 90% of my potential clients are going to judge me based solely on my website. I do the same thing as I'm going through looking for local vendors to work with. I know that isn't fair because some of the best people have the worst sites, but how else can you make that call when you don't know someone? With that thought process I am constantly trying to improve my site. If anyone ever has suggestions, I am always open to them. Since I know how important the site is and I also know that I am good at what I do, I need to make sure it all gets relayed to any potential clients as they click their way through my site.


Business cards have been designed and after a very long wait they have arrived. Might I say, they are pretty amazing. Once again, I believe what you present to your clients has to say everything about you, so the cards were also very important to me. They are very sleek and orderly, like I wanted them to be. I think the colors that I chose (for the site and for the cards) represent the "fun" that I want people to know they will have when working with me.

The biggest news is that I got my first client! That's right after a week in business I signed a contract with a client! It was the best feeling I've had in a long time and a really great way to get the ball rolling. Her wedding is July 11th and to be honest, she's quite possibly, the best 1st client I could have asked for. I feel like getting my first piece of business deserves more than just 3 lines but words just don't quite cut it.

I am now working on developing relationships with local vendors. Getting to know everyone that is out there and in the industry. I think it is SO important to really KNOW and TRUST the people that you refer. I am really big on having a real relationship with people so that I can depend on them. I can't just refer anyone I find in a listing, I need to see and know their work before I'll even consider it. I might be a little overly cautious but I will definitely stick with the mantra that it is "better to be safe than to be sorry." I've already come across some really amazing people that I look forward to having the opportunity to work with in these coming years.

Have a happy 4th of July! If you've got a party planned today, you should have hired me to coordinate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment